These are vegetarian taco stuffed peppers! I used the Morningstar Veggie Griller Crumbles that are 100% vegetarian and a great source of protein. They are packed full of flavor and spice, so if you are in the mood for some super nutritious and healthy tacos, keep on reading! Let's get to it.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and vegetarian.
1. 2 red bell peppers
2. Morningstar veggie grillers crumbles
3. 1/3 white onion
4. ¼ cup of fresh cilantro
5. ½ cup of corn kernels
6. ½ cup of spinach
7. Pico de gallo
8. Taco seasoning
9. Cajun seasoning
10. Onion powder
11. Extra virgin olive oil
12. Adobo salt
1. First, preheat the oven to 350.
2. Cut the tops off of the bell peppers and empty the middle out.
3. Drizzle olive oil onto the peppers and sprinkle on adobo salt to your liking.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Dice up the leftover tops of the peppers.
6. Now, finely dice the onion and cilantro and set aside.
7. Grab, a medium-sized frying pan and drizzle in olive oil. Add the 1 cup of the Morningstar crumbles into the pan. Season with taco seasoning, cajun seasoning, and onion powder to your liking. (Depends how spicy you like your food). Sauté for 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
8. Add the onion, peppers, corn, and spinach in and sauté well for 5-8 minutes.
9. Once the peppers are fully cooked in the oven, take them out and add the stuffing you just made on the stove.
10. Add your desired amount of pico de gallo and cilantro on top of each pepper and enjoy!