First off, I see you eyeing my avocado. Yes, it's a day old avocado that I wasn't going to throw away just so I could have the most perfect picture to post. This is the reality of it and I'm not throwing away good food just for the gram!
Second, this recipe is dedicated to my male following. Why you ask? Because I think that men's health and wellness is under-looked. When I say, "under-looked" I mean that female bloggers cater to females WAY more than they do males, and I want to make sure anyone visiting my page can feel heard and seen.
My ultimate goal is for people to learn that healthy, nutritious food can be made deliciously and at home. You don't have to buy a $20 salad every night to live a healthy lifestyle, and I want both men and women to know that! So, here is my absolute go-to one sheet pan dinner recipe that you are going to love and learn to make yourself. No prior cooking skills are needed, I promise.
It has a spinach & arugula base, baked grape tomatoes, chicken breast, chickpeas, and cauliflower, topped with radish, avocado, and basmati rice. This is the ultimate, "I just came back from work and my workout and need something healthy, delicious, and easy to make" recipe. So, let me shut up, and let's start cooking!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25-30 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and gluten free. This recipe can be easily made vegetarian or vegan by removing the chicken breast and using tofu instead.
1. Spinach & arugula mix
2. 8 grape tomatoes
3. 1 chicken breast
4. 1/4 cup of chickpeas (cooked, drained, washed)
5. 1 1/2 cups of cauliflower
6. 1 radish
7. 1/2 avocado
8. Uncle Ben's Ready Rice basmati rice (I don't usually buy ready rice, but I meant it when I said that I wanted this recipe to be easy on everyone!)
9. Extra virgin olive oil
10. 2 lemons
11. Salt, black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder
1. First, preheat your oven to 400.
2. Next, grab your chicken breast, chickpeas, grape tomatoes, and cauliflower. I personally brine my chicken breast in cold water, vinegar, lemon, and sea salt for 10 minutes but you don't have to. Have your chickpeas washed, your grape tomatoes chopped in halves, and your cauliflower heads chopped in medium sized pieces.
3. Now, place aluminum foil on a baking sheet you have, and add all of those ingredients evenly on there. To ensure everything cooks well/evenly, make sure you spread them out and they aren't all on top of each other.
4. Drizzle on olive oil onto everything to your liking. Season everything with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to your liking. Now, just on the chickpeas and chicken breast season with chili powder. Make sure you are seasoning both sides of the chicken breast.
5. Mix all of the ingredients in with their seasonings well and bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
6. While you're waiting have your Uncle Ben's rice cooked as written on the package, your radish chopped into thin slices, and your ½ avocado unpeeled and pitted.
7. Let's put everything together: add your spinach & arugula base (about a handful), add your desired amount of rice depending on how much carbs you need, I do ¼-½ cup. Then, add on the sliced chicken breast, tomatoes, cauliflower, and chickpeas. Add the avocado and radish. Then pour on the dressing you made on the side:1 ½ TBSPs of olive oil, 1 lemon, dash of salt since everything is already salty.
8. Mix everything well, and taste if you'd like to add more lemon or salt.