Yes, I know hard boiled eggs aren't people's favorite food, but it's all about HOW you eat them and HOW you season them. Today, I'm showing you how to make my Zaatar Hard Boiled Egg Toasts.
The zaatar brings a more earthy flavor to the eggs and the crunch of the toast helps decrease the "eggy" taste.
This is the perfect way to start your day: you have protein from the eggs, healthy fats from the avocado and olive oil, fiber from the toast, and antioxidants from the micro-greens.
You're going to need multigrain sourdough, avocado, 2 eggs, micro-greens, zaatar, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Let's get to it!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and vegetarian.
1. 2 multigrain sourdough slices
2. 2 eggs, hard boiled
4. ½ avocado, mashed in a bowl
6. Black pepper, garlic powder
8. Extra virgin olive oil
1. First, boil your two eggs until they are well-done, this may take 10-12 minutes.
2.While you're waiting for the eggs to finish, toast your slices of bread and mash your avocado into a bowl. Salt to taste.
3. Once the eggs finish boiling, peel the skin and place them into a bowl. Mash them with a fork until they are smaller chunks. Season with ¼ TSP of zaatar and pour a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to your liking. Mix very well.
4. Let's put it all together: grab a serving plate and place the two toasts onto the plate. Spread the mashed avocado onto each toast. Add the hard boiled egg mix onto each toast. Place micro-greens on top. Garnish with olive oil and salt if you'd like.