Back to Basics - How to Make Asparagus Not Taste Like Grass
I personally believe asparagus is an *elite* vegetable. Like if you're ever having people over it's the perfect, fancy vegetable to whip up in minutes. Asparagus is also such an easy source of folate, vitamin K, and insoluble fiber that can help bowel movements. You can make it for yourself one night next to a carb and protein and all it needs is 10 minutes in the oven.
No matter how you make it, it's going to be delectable. So, if you're someone who wants to learn how to make an easy asparagus recipe, I got you.
All you need is asparagus, extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, salt, black pepper, parmesan, and sliced almonds. You'll never look at asparagus the same after this recipe. Let's get to it.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15-20 minutes (depends on the thickness of the asparagus)
This recipe is gluten free and vegetarian. However, it can be easily made DF and vegan if you sub out the parmesan.
1. 1 bunch of asparagus (1 lb-ish)
2. Extra virgin olive oil
3. 4 cloves of garlic, minced
5. Freshly ground black pepper
6. Garlic powder
7. Shredded parmigiano reggiano to garnish
8. Sliced almonds to garnish
1. First, preheat your oven to 400.
2. Grab your asparagus and wash. Then, chop about 2 inches off the ends.
3. Now, grab a baking sheet and line it with aluminum foil.
4. Add on your asparagus and spread them apart evenly.
5. Drizzle on about 1-2 TBSPs of olive oil and add your minced garlic. Evenly spread on the garlic and olive oil.
6. Now for the seasonings: add salt and black pepper to taste and season with your desired amount of garlic powder - I think the more the better. Make sure all of the asparagus is coated evenly.
7. Bake in the oven until they are completely cooked through. Bake the asparagus just until the base of the asparagus is easily pierced through by a fork. Forewarning: thicker asparagus will take longer to bake than thin ones so keep an eye on them.
8. Gently take them out and transfer them to a serving plate of choice.
9. Garnish with parmigiano reggiano and sliced almonds to your liking.