Brussel Sprout Salad with Bleu Cheese and Pomegranate
Updated: Oct 25, 2022
If you're a fan of brussel sprouts, this may become your favorite way to enjoy them from now on. Now, I've never been a fan of bleu cheese, but the way the brussel sprouts, bleu cheese, and pomegranates blended together on my palate is truly fantastic.
However, if you aren't a fan of bleu cheese however, please feel free to opt out of it: You'll still have a delicious vegan salad to enjoy! This is a salad you can bring to a summer BBQ or make as a filling meal prep. So, if I've convinced you to try it out, keep reading for the recipe!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
This recipe is gluten free and vegetarian.
1. 12-15oz of brussel sprouts
2. Pomegranate seeds
3. ¼ cup of walnuts
4. ½ radish
5. ¼ cup of cooked tri color quinoa
6. Garnish with grated bleu cheese
7. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley
8. Extra virgin olive oil
9. Kosher salt
10. Freshly ground black pepper
11. Dried oregano and dried basil
12. ½ lemon
13. 4 minced garlic cloves
1. First, preheat your oven to 400 on bake.
2. Next, wash your brussel sprouts, chop the ends off, peel any excess leaves off, and chop them into 4 smaller chunks. Add them to a baking pan.
3. Drizzle on a generous amount of olive oil (around 3 TBSPs). Season with salt, black pepper, oregano, and basil to your liking. Add the 4 minced garlic cloves and mix the brussel sprouts well. Bake in the oven until crispy.
4. While they're baking, grab a serving bowl and add ¼ cup of cooked tri color quinoa.
5. Now, finely dice ½ radish and add it to the bowl.
6. Add 1- 1 ½ TBSPs of pomegranate seeds and ¼ cup of walnuts (crush them in your hands a bit).
7. Chop some parsley to garnish and leave it to the side.
8. Now, to make the dressing: grab a small bowl, add 1-2 TBSPs of olive oil, ½ lemon, and salt to your liking. Whisk well and leave to the side.
9. Once the brussel sprouts are done, take them out gently, and scoop them into the serving bowl.
10. Garnish with parsley and grate your desired amount of fresh bleu cheese.
11. Lastly, drizzle on your dressing and mix well.
12. Taste test for any salt or black pepper and enjoy!