Cilantro Onion Purée Over Baked Salmon Served with Baked Asparagus & Potatoes
Life is all about balance and moderation. When I make my meals I ensure to have a healthy balance of protein, fats, and carbs. Is it always perfect and well measured? No, but I focus on the nutrients that foods contain more than measuring whether or not I’m getting the perfect amount of macronutrients. One night I made this dinner for myself, but it also makes for a perfect dinner to make for a friend or significant other! It is exquisite. So, let me show you how to make it!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and pescatarian.
1. 1 Atlantic salmon
2. 5-7 spears of asparagus
3. 10 tri color potatoes
5. Black pepper, herbs de Provence
6. Extra virgin olive oil
7. 1 lemon
For the Cilantro Onion Purée:
1. 1 bunch of cilantro
2. ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
3. 3 toasted garlic cloves
4. ¼ onion
5. ½ squeezed lemon
6. Dash of black pepper
7. ⅛ TSP of red pepper flakes
1. First, preheat your oven to 400.
2. Now, grab a large baking tray and place your salmon, washed potatoes and asparagus onto the tray.
3. Drizzle on olive oil onto all and salt to your liking.
4. Now, on just the asparagus and potatoes add herbs de Provence to your liking (I was generous).
5. Now on the salmon, add a sprinkle of black pepper and add a small slice of lemon on top. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The veggies may finish before the salmon so take them out beforehand if that’s the case.
6. While you are waiting for that to bake, make the purée.
7. Grab a food processor or blender and add your washed cilantro bunch in.
8. Next, add ¼ cup of olive oil, ¼ of onion, 1 TSP of salt, dash of black pepper, ⅛ TSP of red pepper flakes, and ½ squeezed lemon.
9. Next, grab a small frying pan and add in 1 TBSP of olive oil. Add 3 whole garlic cloves into the pan and toast until brown.
10. Add the olive oil and garlic cloves into the food processor.
11. Purée until it’s a creamy consistency. It may need more olive oil, so add if need be.
12. Taste test for salt.
13. Once the salmon and veggies are ready, add your purée to the salmon.