My biggest tip to you all is to enjoy fruits and vegetables that are in season! When I made this salad it was during the month of October, which is when figs, apples, and pomegranates are all in season. They tasted so delicious and flavorful and I just had to incorporate them into a salad somehow. If you love all three of these fruits, I highly recommend trying this salad out. Also: I recommend having a source of protein next to this salad. Could be tofu, chicken, tuna, salmon, etc. The salad has very little! Let’s get to this recipe shall we?
Yields: 1 salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 4 figs chopped in quarters (black or green) @traderjoes
2. ½ a thinly sliced Macintosh Apple
3. ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds
4. 6 heads of lettuce chopped thinly
5. ½ cup of chopped in half walnuts
6. 1 finely diced cucumber
7. Extra virgin olive oil
8. ½ lemon
9. 1 1/2 TSP of pomegranate molasses diluted with ½ TSP of water
10. Salt, black pepper, thyme, oregano
1. First, grab a bowl.
2. Chop and prepare all ingredients and add to the bowl.
3. Now for the dressing: mix in 3 TBSPs of olive oil into a small bowl after diluting the pomegranate molasses.
4. Squeeze in lemon, add the salt, black pepper, oregano, and thyme.