This salad is to me as candy is to a child. It's everything I've ever dreamed of and you are going to love it even more. This is my Greek Chickpea Salad with Feta & Parsley Dressing. You have chickpeas, red onion, yellow bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, roasted red peppers, and Kalamata olives all in one bowl of deliciousness. The dressing is what makes or breaks this salad - it's extra virgin olive oil, lemon, white wine vinegar, salt,fresh parsley, and feta cheese.
The trick to making a GOOD Greek salad is mixing the feta into the dressing so that you get feta in each bite and not just clumps of it in the salad. Make sure you're adding the dressing the second you're going to serve it so it doesn't become soggy. This is such a good salad to meal prep for your busy work days. You can bring it to work and have your whole office smelling like Athens or come home to it after a long day and watch Love Island - it's really up to you! Just make sure you create the dressing on the side and pour it as soon as you're going to eat it.
So grab your goods and let's make this incredible salad shall we?
Yields: 1-2Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is gluten free and vegetarian.
1. 1 15oz can of chickpeas, drained and washed
2. 15 Kalamata olives, chopped in halves
3. 1/2 Cucumber, chopped into quarters
4. 20 cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters
5. 1/4 red onion, sliced into rings
6. 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, finely chopped
7. 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
8. 1 TBSP finely chopped fresh parsley
9. 4 TBSPs extra virgin olive oil
10. Juice of ½ lemon
11. Salt to taste
12. 1 TSP white wine vinegar
13. Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1.Grab a large mixing bowl and prepare ingredients 1-6. Add ingredients 1-6 into the bowl.
2. For the dressing: pour in the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and white wine vinegar into a small jar to be able to mix it well. Add in the feta and fresh parsley. Close the jar and shake the dressing up until you have a similar consistency.
3. Pour the dressing onto the bowl and mix the ingredients well. Taste test for salt and add if necessary. Mix again.
4. Transfer mixed salad to a serving bowl and enjoy!