Greek Inspired Salad
Updated: Sep 12
Since I can’t have feta (which makes the salad Greek), I put my own twist on the traditional Greek salad and it was incredible. So, if you're dairy free like I am, I beg you to try this lovely salad out. Let me show you how to make it! By the way, if you want to add protein I recommend sautéing shrimp or adding shredded chicken breast!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 3-4 handfuls of spinach
2. ½ tomato
3. 1 cucumber
4. 1 mini red bell pepper
5. 8 kalamata olives
6. 3 mint leaves
7. ¼ cup of sun-dried tomatoes
8. 3 TBSPs of extra virgin olive oil
9. ½ squeezed lemon
11. Black pepper, garlic powder
12. ½ TBSP of dried mint, ½ TBSP of dried parsley, ½ TBSP of oregano
1. Grab a serving bowl.
2. In the bowl add: 3-4 handfuls of chopped spinach, ½ finely chopped medium sized tomato, 1 finely diced cucumber, 1 finely diced mini red bell pepper, 8 kalamata olives chopped in half, and ¼ cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
3. Now for the dressing: in separate bowl: add 3 TBSPS of olive oil, ½ squeezed lemon, sea salt and black pepper to your liking, 1/2 TSP of garlic powder, ½ TBSP of dried mint, ½ TBSP of dried parsley, and ½ TBSP of oregano. Mix well and pour onto salad.
4. Chop up the mint leaves and garnish.