Honey Maple Glazed Salmon and Broccoli On a Bed of Quinoa & Kale
When it comes to baking salmon, sometimes I find it quite difficult to really get that flavor soaked into the salmon. So, the best suggestion I have for you all is to always wrap your salmon in foil or parchment paper. It locks in the moisture and ensures a moist and tender piece of salmon every time! Let’s get to it shall we?
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and pescatarian.
1. 1 piece of salmon
2. 1 head of broccoli (you can use already chopped broccoli too)
3. Tuscan kale
4. ¼ cup of cooked quinoa
5. Extra virgin olive oil
7. Black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
For the glaze:
1. 1 TBSP maple syrup
2. 1 TBSP honey
3. ½ lemon
4. 1 TSP minced garlic
5. ¼ TSP of Aleppo pepper or paprika works
6. Dash of black pepper
For the broccoli seasoning:
2. Black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
1. First, preheat the oven to 400.
2. Grab a baking pan and place your salmon on it.
3. In a bowl create your glaze and whisk well.
4. Season the salmon and then add on the glaze. Make sure it’s wrapped in aluminum foil first before you glaze. Fold the sides of the foil over and enclose the salmon.
5. Next, add on your broccoli on the other side of the same pan and drizzle on olive oil. Then season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to your liking.
6. Mix well and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
7. While this is baking, cook your quinoa.
8. Grab a small frying pan, add in 1-2 TBSPs of olive oil, and sauté 2 cups of kale with salt and black pepper. This will need 4-6 minutes.
9. Once everything is done this is how we’re going to layer it: start with your desired amount of kale and quinoa. Then shred the broccoli into smaller pieces and add them on top. Then, shred the salmon into smaller pieces and add it on top.
10. Add a pinch of salt and a small squeeze of lemon juice over the salad.