Now, I know this isn’t the most beautiful looking piece of chicken you've seen, but it may be the most moist and flavorful one yet. If you ever have leftover hummus and don't know what you want to make for dinner, this will not only be a very healthy option for you, but also a delicious one. So let me show you how it's done.
Yields: 2 chicken breasts (but you can repeat the steps for more pieces)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25-30 minutes
This recipe is gluten free and dairy free.
1. 2 pieces of chicken breast
2. Hummus (I made my own using my recipe, but feel free to use a store bought one)
4. Extra virgin olive oil
5. ½ lemon
1. First, preheat the oven to 400.
2. Next, grab your chicken breast & put them in a ziplock bag.
3. Use a meat clever to pound the chicken breast into flatter strips. Take them out and place them onto a baking pan.
4. Now, drizzle on 1/2 TBSP of olive oil & ½ lemon onto the chicken. Sprinkle on salt to your liking.
5. Next, lather on hummus to each side of the chicken. Sprinkle on some zaatar onto each chicken. Make sure each side is evenly coated with hummus and zaatar.
6. Bake in the oven until well-done (15-20 minutes). Take them out.