Mediterranean Inspired Chickpea Pasta Salad
Updated: Feb 23, 2021
Not only does this salad have chickpeas, but the shell pasta is made out of chickpeas thanks to my favorite pasta brand, @eatbanza. This is a delicious vegan pasta salad with a great source of protein. Perfect for any time of the year, especially summer time! Make this for your next BBQ you're hosting or bring it over to a dinner party and impress your friends with it! Let’s get to the recipe shall we?
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 box of shell pasta
2. ¼ cup of parsley
3. 4-5 handfuls arugula
4. 10 cherry tomatoes
5. 10-12 kalamata olives
6. 1 cup of washed and ready to eat chickpeas
7. 1 cup of chopped walnuts
8. 2 celery sticks
9. 2 mini yellow bell peppers
10. 1 lemon
11. Extra virgin olive oil
13. Black pepper, oregano, basil, garlic powder, sumac
1. Grab a pot, fill it with water to boil the pasta, and salt it well. Once the water boils, add the whole box of shell pasta. When you strain the pasta, rinse it with cold water and leave to the side.
2. Finely chop the arugula, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, celery sticks, mini bell peppers, and parsley. Add to a serving bowl.
3. Add the pasta to the bowl now.
4. Add the chopped walnuts and chickpeas.
5. For the dressing: in a separate bowl squeeze in 1 full lemon, add 6 TBSPs of olive oil, salt, black pepper to your liking, 1 TSP of garlic powder, 1 TBSP of sumac, 2 TSPs dried oregano, and 2 TSPs of dried basil. Mix the dressing well and then drizzle onto the salad.
6. Mix the salad well and taste test for salt and black pepper. Add if necessary.
7. If it’s dry, drizzle on olive oil.
8. Mix again and enjoy!