Minty Kale Salad
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
I hate it when I take pictures of kale salads because it always looks like there is nothing there besides green when in reality there’s much more to it! This is a very simple, summery salad that anyone can enjoy. It's vegan, dairy free, and gluten free. You cannot go wrong! Disclaimer: there is no source of protein in this salad because I had shrimp on the side so please feel free to do the same and add chicken, shrimp, lentils, and/or hemp seeds! Let's get to the recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 2-3 handfuls of kale
2. 2 radishes
3. 1 cucumber
4. 1 scallion
5. ¼ cup of walnuts
6. Extra virgin olive oil
7. 1 lemon
8. ½ TBSP of dried mint
10. Black pepper, garlic powder
1. Chop up 2-3 handfuls of kale and place into a bowl. Drizzle on olive oil, 1/2 lemon, and add salt. Massage kale very well until you can’t hear the kale crunch.
2. Next, finely dice 2 radishes, 1 cucumber, and 1 scallion. Add to the bowl.
3. Next, finely crush ¼ cup of walnuts and add to the bowl.
4. In a separate small bowl, add in 1 TBSP of olive oil, ½ lemon, ½ TBSP of dried mint, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to your liking.
5. Mix well and drizzle onto the salad.
6. Mix and enjoy!