Pear Arugula Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
I don’t like pears. BUT, I saw a pear in my fridge and I was feeling adventurous. So here is this cool, fresh, and summery salad! The pomegranate dressing, pear, and arugula are so delicious together I don’t know how I came up with this combo. Just a PSA: the chicken is just an optional addition if you are a vegetarian or vegan! For more protein just add more hemp seeds. Let's get to the recipe!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
2. 1 carrot
3. 1 cucumber
4. ½ an avocado
5. 1 celery stalk
6. ¼ pear
7. ½ cup cooked, shredded chicken breast (optional)
8. 1 TBSP hemp seeds
1. 2-3 TBSPs olive oil
3. Black pepper, oregano
5. ½ TBSP pomegranate dressing
1. Grab a bowl.
2. Add in 2 handfuls arugula as the base.
3. Finely dice 1 carrot, 1 cucumber, 1 celery stalk, and 1 pear. Add them to the bowl.
4. Add ½ an avocado.
5. Optional: add in ½ cup of cooked, shredded chicken breast.
6. For the dressing: in a separate bowl add in 1/2 TBSP of pomegranate dressing and a dilute with a splash of water. Pomegranate dressing has a potent taste so you need to dilate the flavor. Then, add in 2-3 TBSPs of olive oil, salt and black pepper to your liking, and ½ TSP of oregano. Mix well and pour onto the salad.