This one.... is a winner. Do you ever feel like you can never make a grade A pasta like they at a really good Italian restaurant? You question why your sauce just isn't it? Well I'm saving you with this incredibly flavorful pasta recipe. This is the one you need to make for yourself or if you want to impress a loved one. Let's get to it!
Yields: 2 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
This recipe can be gluten free if you use GF penne and it is vegetarian.
1. ½ box of penne pasta (GF penne)
2. Shredded mozzarella
3. Fresh basil
4. ½ eggplant
5. Cherry tomatoes
6. 8oz can of tomato sauce
7. 4 minced garlic cloves
8. Salt, black pepper, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder
9. Extra virgin olive oil
Replacement suggestion: Feel free to use homemade tomato sauce if applicable. If you don't have shredded mozzarella you can use rounds of mozzarella instead.
1. First, preheat your oven to 400.
2. Next, boil a pot of water for the pasta. Salt the water.
3. As the water is boiling chop up 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, 1/2 an eggplant into cubes, some fresh basil, and mince the garlic.
4. Now, grab a baking pan and add the eggplant to it. Sprinkle on salt and black pepper and drizzle on olive oil. Bake in the oven until crispy (10-15 minutes).
5. Now the water should start to boil so add your penne. Cook until al dente.
6. Now, grab a large frying pan, turn the heat to medium-high and drizzle in some olive oil. Add your garlic cloves. Once you can smell the garlic, add the cherry tomatoes and a can of 8oz tomato sauce. Stir.
7. Once the pasta is done, strain, but keep the pasta water. Add ½ cup of the pasta water to your pan and let it simmer. Add salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to your liking.
8. Now, check on the eggplant, it should be done. Add them to your sauce. Stir well.
9. Now add the penne. If it looks dry add more pasta water. Now, add shredded mozzarella to your liking, some dried basil and dried oregano, and let it simmer until the cheese melts. 10. Turn off the heat, and top with fresh basil you chopped beforehand. Enjoy!