Roasted Red Bell Pepper & Shrimp Spaghetti
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
If you have never made a roasted bell pepper sauce with tomatoes, then let me show you how to do it. You may never go back to ordinary tomato sauce again! It's so simple and yet so flavorful. I know the recipe looks long, but I tend to over-explain each step to ensure you all repeat the recipe perfectly. Let's get to it!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and pescatarian.
1. 2 cups of small shrimp
2. 2 red bell peppers
3. Extra virgin olive oil
4. @eatbanza linguine
5. 2 tomatoes
6. 2 TBSPS of tomato paste
7. 4 garlic cloves
9. Black pepper, garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, onion powder, red pepper flakes
10. Avocado oil
11. 4 cups of spinach
1. Before starting, make sure you have 2 cups of shrimp that are defrosted and ready to be sautéed. Keep them in a bowl.
2. Preheat the oven to 375.
3. Grab 2 red bell peppers and put them on a baking pan.
4. Drizzle on olive oil and sprinkle on salt. Once the oven is ready roast the peppers in the oven for about 15 minutes.
5. Next, boil water in a pot and salt the water. Once the water is boiling, put in as much linguine as you want. I used half the box when I made this recipe.
6. Now, as the linguine is boiling, chop up 2 tomatoes.
7. In a food processor or blender: add the chopped tomatoes in, 2 TBSPs of tomato paste, 1 garlic clove, a dash of red pepper flakes, 1 TSP oregano, and ¼ TSP of cayenne. Add salt and black pepper to your liking.
8. Once the bell peppers have been roasted, slice them into thin strips and add them into the blender/food processor.
9. Drizzle in 1 TBSP of olive oil. Blend well. Do a taste taste for salt and black pepper. Add if necessary and blend again.
10. Make sure to strain the pasta once it’s done, but keep the pasta water.
11. Now, grab the shrimp and season them with: 1 TSP garlic powder, 1 TSP basil, 1 TSP oregano, ⅛ TSP cayenne, 1/2 TSP onion powder, salt and black pepper to your liking. Drizzle on olive oil. Mix well.
12. Have 3 garlic cloves minced and 4 cups of spinach chopped into thin strips. Leave spinach on the side for later use.
13. Grab a large frying pan, drizzle in 1-2 TBSPs of avocado oil, add the garlic cloves, and let it simmer on medium-high heat.
14. Once you can smell the garlic cooking add in the shrimp. Once the shrimp turns light brown and the tails are red, add in the sauce you just made.
15. Stir in and sauté for about 3 minutes. On the side now, grab the 4 cups of chopped and add them into the frying pan and stir well.
16. Finally, add in the linguine and stir. Add a splash of pasta water if it's looking a tad dry.
17. Cook for 2 minutes and do a taste test for more salt and basil. Add if necessary.