Spicy Pepper Cauliflower Gnocchi
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
I want to thank Trader Joe for their cauliflower gnocchi. It's truly delicious and so easy to use. For my gluten free friends out here, this recipe is specifically for you. But for my other friends please feel free to use this recipe as well if you'd like to enjoy some cauliflower gnocchi as well! This dish is super flavorful so if you like some spice to your food, this will be perfect for you. Let me show you how to make it!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 bag of cauliflower gnocchi
2. 8 chopped cherry tomatoes
3. 2 TBSPS of Turkish Sera mild pepper paste
4. 2 TBSPS of tomato paste
6. Black pepper, garlic powder, a dash of cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning
7. 6-8 kalamata olives
8. 2 cups of spinach
9. Fresh basil
10. Extra virgin olive oil
Replacement suggestion: If you don't have mild pepper paste, feel free to use harissa instead.
1. Empty one bag of cauliflower gnocchi into a microwave safe bowl and cover it. Put it in the microwave for 4-5 minutes.
2. In a large sized frying pan, drizzle in 1 TBSP of olive oil and add in 8 half chopped cherry tomatoes and stir on medium-high heat. After 2 minutes add in 2 TBSPs of Turkish Sera mild pepper paste and 2 TBSPs of tomato paste. Pour in ½ cup of boiled water and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Sprinkle on salt, black pepper, garlic powder to your liking, and a dash of cayenne pepper. Stir well.
4. Once the water and paste thicken into a sauce add about 6-8 kalamata olives and 2 cups of spinach and stir well.
5. Add a bit of boiled water to the frying pan if the sauce looks too dry. Keep stirring.
6. Now add in the cauliflower gnocchi into the sauce and sprinkle in ½ TBSP of Italian seasoning and stir for 2 more minutes.
7. Taste test for salt.
8. Turn the heat off and add in fresh basil.