Teriyaki Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
Now, I’m not perfect when it comes to making stir fry. There are so many Asian sauces to incorporate into cooking and I’m still trying to figure out their purpose. However, one night, I used two new ingredients and let me tell you, it made SUCH a difference. It finally tasted like a stir fry you would order out! So, if you need a BOMB chicken stir fry recipe, here it is. Let’s get to it.
Prep time: 40 minutes (if you haven't already prepped the noodles & chicken breast)
Total time: 1 hour
This recipe is dairy free and gluten free.
1. 1 box of Annie Chun’s Brown Rice Noodles
2. 1 head of broccoli
3. ½ red bell pepper, ½ yellow bell pepper, ½ orange bell pepper
4. 1 carrot
5. ¼ white onion
6. Cooked & shredded chicken breast
7. Fresh ginger
9. soy sauce (GF optional)
10. Teriyaki sauce (GF optional)
11. Sesame oil
12. Extra virgin olive oil
13. Oyster sauce
14. Sesame seeds
1. First, make sure your chicken is boiled and shredded. You will need 2 chicken breasts.
2. Have your brown rice noodles cooked and strained. Leave on the side.
3. Now, thinly julienne your bell peppers and carrots.
4. Finely dice ¼ of an onion. Leave on the side.
5. Grab a large frying pan or wok.
6. Add ½ TBSP of sesame oil and ½ TBSP of olive oil. Add the chopped onion and grate 1 TSP of fresh ginger. Let the onion and ginger simmer on medium-low heat until the onion turns light brown.
7. Now you can add the shredded chicken.
8. Add the following in: 2 TBSPs of mirin, 1 TBSP of soy sauce, 1 TBSP teriyaki sauce, 2 TBSPs oyster sauce. Sauté well for 3 minutes and then add in the bell peppers and broccoli.
9. Sauté for 5 minutes and then add in the noodles.
10. Stir well and make sure everything is equally coated with the sauce.
11. You may want to add more teriyaki sauce.
12. Once the veggies have been cooked well turn the heat off and serve.
13. Feel free to garnish with sesame seeds.