Triple Bean Quinoa Salad
Updated: Sep 13
I just want to know who said you can’t get enough protein from plants? This salad proves those people wrong with 4 different sources of protein: red kidney beans, cannelloni beans, chickpeas, & quinoa! It makes for a great lunch or dinner and it's extremely nourishing. Lets get to it.
Yields: 1 salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1/4 cup of kidney beans
2. 1/4 cup of chickpeas
3. 1/4 cup of white kidney beans
4. 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
5. 1 finely diced cucumber
6. 1 finely diced heirloom tomato
7. 1 1/2 TBSP of sliced almonds
8. 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
9. 1 TSP of diluted Dijon mustard
10. 1/2 squeezed lemon
11. Extra virgin olive oil
12. Pink Himalayan salt, black pepper, oregano
1. Open all 3 cans of beans and rinse thoroughly. But use amounts given and cover the rest and put in the fridge.
2. Finely dice the tomato, cucumber, and parsley. Add the cucumber and tomato into the bowl.
3. Add the almonds.
4. Add the given amounts of all 3 beans and the cooked quinoa.
5. Add the parsley on top.
6. Grab a small bowl to create the vinaigrette. Add in the squeezed lemon, 1 TBSP of olive oil, and the diluted Dijon mustard.
7. Season as you please: add salt, black pepper, and dried oregano. Mix well and pour the dressing onto the salad - add a tiny bit of water to the bowl to get the leftover seasoning and pour onto the salad. Mix and enjoy!