Tuna Beet Quinoa Salad
Updated: Sep 13
The options for salads are absolutely endless and it’s seriously SUCH a fun time for me to try different combos of foods! When it comes to this salad, it's a bit different though. Many people have a weird relationship with canned tuna, but if you season it right, it can be so delicious and flavorful. I usually add canned tuna to my salads, wraps, or toasts and it always hits the spot. If you have mixed feelings about this salad, do me a favor and give it a try. So let me show you how to make it!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and pescatarian.
1. ¼ cup of pre cooked white quinoa
2. 1 celery stick
3. ½ carrot
4. ½ cup of cooked beets
5. 1 can of tuna
6. ½ handful of walnuts
7. 2 handfuls of kale
8. Extra virgin olive oil
10. Black pepper, oregano, garlic powder
11. Hemp seeds
12. 1 ½ squeezed lemons
1. Grab a bowl and add 2 handfuls of chopped kale.
2. Massage well with 1/2 lemon, 1/2 TBSP of olive oil, and a dash of salt.
3. Add in medium chopped beets and finely diced celery and carrot.
4. Add 1/4 cup of cooked quinoa.
5. Now, drain one can of tuna from its water and add to a separate bowl.
6. Squeeze ½ lemon, salt, black pepper, and oregano to your liking and mix well.
7. Now add the tuna to the bowl.
8. Sprinkle on hemp seeds and crushed walnuts.
9. Drizzle on a bit of olive oil, a bit of lemon, and add a sprinkle of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder for taste.
10. Mix well and enjoy!