Are you a vegan who goes out to Mexican restaurants or restaurants in general and can't enjoy any good food because the only food options for you are side vegetables and rice?
Well, let me tell you something. I say, the hell with going out to eat, and instead start learning how to cook for yourself. It's cheaper, it's a fun activity to do with a friend or loved one, and it's healthier. You know exactly what's going into your food this way.
So, without further a do, I present to you these BOMB Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos. I've had these 3 nights this week because I can't get enough of them. They are so simple to make and they aren't time consuming at all. I even made these after a long day of school one night because they took such minimal time.
You're going to need mini tortillas, 1 can of black beans, 1 sweet potato, spinach, grape tomatoes, fresh cilantro, avocado, cajun seasoning, and lime. So, if I've convinced you enough to try them out, let's get cooking!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes (you need to wait for the sweet potato to bake, but the whole active process is only 15 minutes I promise)
This recipe is dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. Mini tortillas
2. ½ sweet potato
3. 1 can of black beans (cooked, drained, washed)
5. 5-6 grape tomatoes
6. Fresh cilantro to garnish
7. Extra virgin olive oil
8. 1 lime
9. 1 avocado
10. Cajun seasoning
12. Garlic powder
13. Jalapeño hot sauce (optional)
1. First, preheat your oven to 400.
2. Chop ½ sweet potato into cubes. Add them to a baking pan, and drizzle on olive oil. Season with ¼ TSP of salt & cajun seasoning to your liking. The cajun seasoning already has salt so that's why I wanted to be frugal with it. Bake in the oven until crispy.
3. While you're waiting for the sweet potato, finely chop up cilantro to garnish later and finely dice the grape tomatoes into thin round slices.
4. Now, grab a frying pan and drizzle in 1 TBSP of olive oil. Once the olive oil simmers, add in your black beans. Season with salt and garlic powder. Sauté until the black beans open up/soften.
5. Warm up your desired amount of tortillas - I did 3 and it truly filled me up but it's up to YOU.
6. Let's put everything together now: grab a plate, add your tortillas on there, evenly distribute 5-6 spinach leaves on each tortilla, then evenly distribute the sweet potato, black beans, and grape tomatoes as well. Sprinkle on the fresh cilantro and squeeze on ½ lime. Feel free to add hot sauce. Add ½ avocado onto the plate to layer onto the tacos after.