Updated: Feb 22, 2021
This is a family favorite here at the Dieb residence and it’s time I shared it with you all. As a disclaimer: I made a vegetarian lasagna using Morning Star Veggie Grillers Crumbles which have soy. But you can buy the Gardein Beefless Grounds that are vegan! So, let me show you how to make this delicious dinner recipe!
Yields: 4 people
Prep time: 1 hour
Total time: 2 hours
This recipe is dairy free and vegetarian.
1. Box of lasagna (GF optional)
2. Bag of corn kernels
3. 6 oz can of mushrooms
4. 1 red bell pepper
5. Beef-less ground meat
6. Extra virgin olive oil
8. 6 fresh garlic cloves
9. Parsley to top off
10. 1 pint tomato sauce
11. Garnish with finely chopped fresh parsley
1. First, have the oven preheated to 400.
2. First, line the lasagna in a deep glass bakeware with warm water, add a dash of salt, and a ½ TSP of olive oil. Make sure the water is floating above the lasagna. Leave that on the side for 1 hour.
3. Next, mince the garlic and finely dice ½ red bell pepper and the canned mushrooms.
4. Now, grab a large-sized frying pan, turn to medium heat and add 3 TBSPs cup of olive oil and the minced garlic.
5. Once you can smell the garlic add the red bell pepper, mushrooms, and ½ cup of corn kernels and sauté for 5 minutes.
6. Next, add the bag of beef-less grounds and sauté again for 5 minutes.
7. Now, add the 1 pint of canned tomato sauce and salt well. In that same can of tomato sauce add ½ cup of water and pour into the frying pan. Let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes. Taste test for any salt.
8. Now, grab a baking pan that will fit the lasagna. Using that sauce you just made in the frying pan, begin layering.
9. Start with an even layer of sauce, then, gently grab the lasagna strips and layer on top of sauce. Then layer the sauce and the lasagna strips again, repeat until you run out of lasagna. You should top the pan off with any of the remaining sauce.
9. Bake the lasagna for 15-20 minutes.
10. Once it’s done feel free to top with parmesan if you aren't dairy free.
11. Garnish with fresh parsley.