4 Ways to Make Sweet Potato Toasts
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
Whoever thought of making sweet potato into toast, was the smartest person alive. Not really... but you get my point. It it so useful to turn sweet potatoes into toasts because they carry more health benefits than normal bread will. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of fiber, they promote gut health, they are one of the top sources of Vitamin A, and provide important vitamins like vitamin C, B6, and potassium! You'll be eating these sweet potato toasts knowing you are feeding your body the daily nutrients it needs. I made 4 different combos of sweet potato toasts in the picture above, and all were so flavorful and delicious. So, if you want to know how I made them, keep reading! Let's get to it.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
This recipe is gluten free and vegetarian.
Instructions for all sweet potatoes:
1. First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grab 2 sweet potatoes and wash them throughly in lukewarm water. Dry them.
3. Next, chop the ends off each, then proceed to cut them vertically into 2-3 slices like the ones pictured above.
4. Place the sweet potato slices onto a pan. Drizzle olive oil onto all of them. Sprinkle on salt, black pepper, and garlic powder onto all of them.
5. Now, this is where it’s your choice on how many you want to specially season.
- You can leave them as is or add chili lime seasoning onto some, 21 seasoning salute, or a spices blend for veggies. When I made these, 4 of them had the spices blend, 3 had chili lime, and 2 had 21 seasoning salute so it’s up to you.
6. Bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes (Or once you can fully stick a fork into the potato)
Instructions for each 4 sweet potatoes:
1. Labneh Sweet Potato Toast: on a spices blend slice I spread on labneh then sprinkled on zaatar, sesame seeds, and salt.
2. Caprese Sweet Potato Toast: on two 21 seasoning salute slices I added 3 slices of mozzarella, 2-3 thinly sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette, and a pinch of salt.
3. Avocado Pico Sweet Potato Toast: on two, chili lime seasoning slices I mashed on 1/2 an avocado, squeezed a bit of lemon on each, added hot pico de Gallo from @traderjoes, a dash of cilantro, and a pinch of salt.
4. Kale Avocado Sweet Potato Toast: Now, on 1 chili lime slice and 1 spices blend slice add 1/2 avocado, massaged kale, and 1/2 finely chopped green onion. Top with lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and hemp seeds.
Use the picture above to evaluate the quantities.