Baked Sweet Potato Toasts with Hummus, Lentils, & Parsley
Updated: Sep 13
Not sure how I came up with this, but dang it’s good. It makes for a perfect snack or lunch, and it has all of the macronutrients you need in a meal; a great source of carbs, protein, veggies, & fats all in one bite. Let’s get to it.
Yields: 6 slices
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 sweet potato
2. 1 cup of cooked lentils
3. 1 bunch of parsley
4. Hummus (either store bought or my recipe)
5. Extra virgin olive oil
6. Salt, black pepper, garlic powder, red pepper
1. First, preheat your oven to 375.
2. Next, grab a sweet potato, wash, and peel.
3. Next, cut it vertically so that you make slices of “toast”.
4. Next, grab a baking pan and add your slices of sweet potato.
5. Drizzle on 1-1/2 TBSPs of olive oil and coat the sweet potato slices evenly.
6. Next, season with your preferred amount of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Coat evenly.
7. Bake in the oven until you can easily poke a hole through the sweet potato. It will need at least 15 minutes.
8. As you are waiting on the sweet potato, make sure your lentils are cooked, your hummus is ready, and your parsley is chopped.
9. Once the sweet potato slices are done, start layering. First, coat with hummus, top with lentils & parsley, sprinkle on salt, black pepper, a dash of red pepper, and drizzle on olive oil. 10. Enjoy!