Have you ever heard of shishito peppers before? These are a popular pepper in East Asia, an incredible source of Vitamin C, and a very low calorie snack! They are so fun to make and eat, and I highly recommend adding them to your next meal as a side dish. Let’s get to it.
Yields: 3 people
Prep time: 1 minute
Total time: 8-10 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 bag of shishito peppers
2. ½ lemon
3. Extra virgin olive oil
4. Sea salt
5. Black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, turmeric, & ginger
1. First, make sure you wash your peppers.
2. Second, grab a small frying pan and drizzle in olive oil on medium-high heat.
3. Once you can smell the olive oil add in the peppers.
4. Season with: ¼ TSP of black pepper, ¼ TSP garlic powder, ½ TSP of sea salt, ¼ TSP of turmeric, 1/2 TSP of paprika, and a dash of ginger.
5. Cook the peppers and turn them every 1-2 minutes. Sauté for 8 minutes total until they literally look blistered and softer.
6. Turn off the heat and add to a plate.
7. Sprinkle on a dash of sea salt and squeeze 1/2 the lemon. Enjoy!