The toast you never thought you needed. Do you love caprese salads but want to add a little more umph to it? Make this toast. I named it "Caprese Inspired" only because I used mint instead of basil and added spinach to the base unlike a normal caprese salad. For the bread I used Kim & Jake's GF herb loaf that is infused with olive oil, rosemary, and thyme. This was a sponsored post however I never doing anything sponsored if it's not truly delicious and made of whole, healthy ingredients. Kim & Jake's makes an assortment of gluten free baked goods and I can't wait to incorporate their goods into my everyday life! So, if you suffer from a gluten free allergy or sensitivity, I highly recommend going onto their website and checking them out! Otherwise, let me show you how to make this easy and flavorful Caprese Inspired Toast! Let's get to it.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 8-10 minutes
This recipe is gluten free and vegetarian.
1. 1 bread slice from Kim & Jake's
2. 3 mozzarella rounds
3. 3 slices of tomato
4. 6 kalamata olives
5. Spinach leaves
6. Fresh mint
7. Spicy extra virgin olive oil
9. Freshly ground black pepper
Replacement suggestion: The spicy extra virgin olive oil that I used is one I make at home. You simply infuse olive oil in a bottle with chili peppers and let it marinate overnight. Then it's ready to be used! Feel free to use regular extra virgin olive oil.
1. Grab one slice of the bread and toast it.
2. As it's toasting, slice the mozzarella and tomato into rounds. Chop the kalamata olives in half.
3. Chiffonade the fresh mint to garnish.
4. Now, once the toast is ready, place it onto a serving plate.
5. Layer on 8-10 spinach leaves, mozzarella, and tomato.