I made this for dinner one night on a whim and it turned out wonderful. You guys know I'm obviously not selfish so I'm going to share the recipe with you! This is my Chicken & Hummus Bowl and it is not only delicious, but it's such a simple recipe to follow.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
This recipe is dairy free.
1.1 chicken breast, chopped into cubes
2. 1 medium tomato, finely diced
3. 1 cucumber, finely diced
4. ½ cup brown rice
5. Fresh parsley, finely diced into 1 TBSP
6. Hummus, homemade or storebought (try making my authentic Syrian hummus recipe!)
7. Extra virgin olive oil
9. 1/4 TSP Sumac
10. Juice of 1/2 lemon
1.1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
2. 1 TSP salt
3. 1/4 TSP freshly ground black pepper
4. 1/4 TSP chili powder
5. 1/2 TSP Paprika
6. 1 TSP garlic powder
7. 1 garlic clove, grated
1.First, prepare the brown rice. You can opt for buying storebought-ready brown rice and just microwave it or you can make fresh brown rice.
2. While the brown rice is cooking, prepare the chicken breast. Chop it into cubes and place the chicken into a mixing bowl. Add in the marinade ingredients. Mix them in and if you have time, allow them to marinate in the fridge for as long as possible. Even if it's 30 minutes. If you don't have time, then grab a frying pan.
3. Pour in 1-2TBSPs of olive oil into the pan on medium high heat. Once you can smell the olive oil, add in the chicken. Cover the pan and allow them to cook until the insides are completely white. It will need up to 10 minutes to cook. Make sure to flip the pieces over so they evenly cook.
4. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the cucumber tomato salad. Grab a mixing bowl and add in the diced cucumber and tomato. Add in the olive oil, lemon, parsley, salt, and sumac. Mix well.
5. Now let's put the bowl all together: grab a serving bowl of choice and add in the cooked chicken, brown rice, cucumber tomato salad, and 1 TBSP of hummus on top. Feel free to garnish the bowl with salt and olive oil to taste.