The one thing in life that I simply cannot live without is a good sandwich. Bread will never be something I give up because guess what? Contrary to popular belief, bread is not the devil. You just need to pick one that is not processed & filled with sweeteners & vegetable oils. Sourdough, rye, flax, and oat breads are great options! Let’s get to this sandwich shall we?
Yields: 1 sandwich
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and vegetarian.
1. 1 shredded, cooked chicken breast (you can use rotisserie chicken from the store as well)
2. 2 pieces of sourdough
3. Chopped, massaged kale (olive oil & salt)
4. ½ thinly sliced tomato
5. 1 finely diced green onion
6. 1 finely diced celery stalk
7. Mayo or vegan Mayo - up to you
8. Salt, black pepper, turmeric powder
9. Extra virgin olive oil
1. Toast two pieces of bread.
2. Next, shred your already cooked chicken breast very well. You can also use rotisserie chicken and shred pieces of that as well. Put this in a bowl.
3. Now, finely chop celery and green onion. Leave to the side.
4. Have your tomato slices ready and enough kale massaged.
5. Add in your mayo/vegan mayo to your liking & then sprinkle in 1 1/2 TSP of turmeric powder. Mix well and then add in salt and black pepper.
6. Next, add in the chopped celery and green onion and mix well again until it’s a smoother consistency. It should be like a chicken salad consistency.
7. Once the toast is ready add this to one piece of toast. Next, add on the massaged kale and tomato. On the other piece of toast spread on some extra mayo/vegan mayo. If applicable you can use a panini press to warm the sandwich up. Enjoy!