Vegan Chicken Sandwich
This chicken sandwich isn't only just vegan, but dairy free AND gluten free? Yes you heard me. But Jasmin, how is that even possible?
The cheese is dairy free made by Chao Cheese
The bread is gluten free by Kim & Jake's Gluten Free.
The chicken tenders are vegan by Gardein.
I’m all about eating whole, natural ingredients and the reason why I tend to avoid foods that are labeled DF, GF, and Vegan is because they tend to be made with excess chemicals and worse ingredients in order to make them that way. But these three substitutes are truly outstanding. I can full rely on these three companies making great foods for us to enjoy. The best part of the sandwich is the bread, it’s made by a small business in Denver, CO by a couple named Kim & Jake. They create delicious baked goods for those who need to be gluten free! So, if you’re GF but need some bread in your life, then check out Kim & Jake's website! I will link it down below. I highly recommend them. Other than that, this sandwich is so full of flavor and highly nutritious. It's so simple to add it into your daily routine too. So, if you want the full recipe, keep reading!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 2 slices of Kim & Jake's bread
2. 2 mini bell peppers
3. ½ avocado
4. ½ tomato
5. 2 slices of Chao tomato cayenne cheese
6. 3 Gardein chicken tenders
7. Extra virgin olive oil
8. Citrusy garlic seasoning from Trader Joe's
9. Table salt
10. Freshly ground black pepper
11. Hot sauce
1. First, grab your two slices of bread and add 2 slices of Chao cheese on. Toast on a frying pan or in a toaster oven. If you're using a toaster oven, also add in the 3 chicken tenders and let them toast well. If not, you can bake them in a regular oven just like the package says to.
2. While these are all toasting, grab a small frying pan, add in 1 TBSP of olive oil, and once it shimmers, add in your thinly sliced bell peppers. Sauté with salt and black pepper for 3-5 minutes.
3. Now, once everything is done, add your toast to a serving plate.
4. Mash ½ an avocado onto the side with no cheese. Season avocado with citrusy garlic, salt, and black pepper to your liking.
5. Add 3 round slices of tomato.
6. Add the chicken tenders. You can slice them in half to make it easier to eat.
7. Add the sautéed bell peppers.
8. Then if you'd like, you can some hot sauce for an extra kick of flavor.
9. Place the other toast on top, cut the sandwich in half, and enjoy!
Link for Kim & Jake's: https://kimandjakes.com/