Do you love egg white omelettes and breakfast wraps? Well why not put them together?
This is the smartest and yummiest way to get your veggies in without feeling like you're forcing them down your throat.
I added broccoli, mushrooms, and bell pepper into the pan with salt, black pepper, and Aleppo pepper for an extra kick of flavor and dang, was it good!
You can prepare this for yourself on a Saturday morning with a cup of coffee or before work/school. You would have never thought you could take an omelette on the go until now! So, if you need a new breakfast idea in your life this is the one. Let's get to the recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and vegetarian.
1. Egg whites
2. 4 broccoli florets, finely chopped
3. ¼ orange bell pepper, finely diced
4. 6 baby bella mushrooms, finely chopped
5. 2 TBSPs of extra virgin olive oil
6. Salt, Aleppo pepper, & black pepper
7. 1 large tortilla wrap
8. ½ avocado sliced thinly
1. First, have your vegetables prepared.
2. Grab a medium sized frying pan and pour in 2 TBSPs of olive oil. Add salt and black pepper to taste into the olive oil and a dash of Aleppo pepper.
3. Add in the vegetables and sautéed them on medium-high heat.
4. Once they've sautéed for about 4-5 minutes, pour in the egg whites.
5. Use a spatula to push the edges toward the center of the pan and tilt the pan so the uncooked eggs whites move to the edge. You want them to evenly cook.
6. Once there is no more liquid at the top, gently flip the omelette. Let it cook for about 1-2 minutes on that side.
7. Now, move the pan on the side. Grab a plate and add the omelette on there. Let it cool for a bit. (I experimented with this and apparently the tortilla wraps way better if you wait for the omelette to cool!)
8. Now, add the omelette onto your tortilla wrap and add in the avocado. Wrap the tortilla. Move the frying pan back onto the heat and place the wrap onto the pan. Toast on each side for a minute or so.