Zaatar & Egg Breakfast Wrap
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
Did you ever think it was possible to have a Middle Eastern inspired breakfast tortilla wrap? Well here it is! You don't want to miss this one. This is a great, quick breakfast to make yourself and it's SO flavorful. PSA: This honestly took me less than 15 minutes to make I just always explain every recipe in detail for you guys! So, let me show you how to make it!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and vegetarian.
1. 1 tortilla wrap (mine is a gluten free spinach wrap)
2. 1 egg
3. Harissa paste
4. 5 kalamata olives
8. Black pepper, garlic powder
9. Extra virgin olive oil
1. First, grab your wrap of choice and with a small spoon dollop on olive oil and then use the same spoon to spread on some zaatar. Use the spoon to spread the zaatar and olive oil evenly on the wrap.
2. Chop 5 kalamata olives in halves and leave to the side.
3. Next, grab an egg and crack it in a bowl and whisk well. Add salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to your liking and precisely ½ TBSP of zaatar. Whisk again.
4. Grab a medium-sized frying pan and drizzle on ½ TBSP of olive oil. Wait for it to simmer and then pour in the egg. Make sure it’s evenly spread/cooked.
5. Grab your wrap and put the zaatar and olive oil side down onto the egg. Press the wrap down with your spatula and then flip it. It should look like what it does in the picture above. Set the heat to medium low now.
6. Now, add 1 TBSP of harissa paste onto the egg (while it’s still cooking), the arugula, and the chopped kalamata olives. Turn off the heat.
7. Gently place the wrap you've created onto a plate and sprinkle on a pinch of zaatar and salt.
8. Wrap it up and enjoy!