Breakfast Tortilla Wrap with Red Pepper Spread
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
The simplest and quickest breakfast to make, yet so flavorful. How is that even possible?! Seasonings, that's how. This breakfast tortilla is so healthy and has all the macronutrients you need to start your day off on the right foot! So, let me show you how to make it.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and vegetarian.
1. GF tortilla wrap
2. @traderjoes red pepper spread with eggplant and garlic
3. 2 eggs
4. Extra virgin olive oil
5. ½ avocado 6. Arugula
7. Hemp seeds
9. Black pepper, turmeric
1. Toast a tortilla wrap in a microwave oven for 2-3 minutes.
2. Next, spread on 1-2 TBSPs of red pepper spread onto the tortilla.
3. Now, in a bowl, crack in 2 eggs. Add salt, black pepper to your liking, and a dash or two of turmeric. Whisk well.
4. In a small frying pan, drizzle in ½ TBSP of olive oil and let it simmer.
5. Add in the 2 eggs and cook the first side well. Then flip and cook again.
6. Add the tortilla wrap on top with red pepper paste side facing down, press down for a minute, and then flip onto a plate so it looks like the one in the picture above.
7. Add on a small handful of arugula and ½ an avocado, whether mashed or chopped.
8. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste.
9. Sprinkle on 1 TSP of hemp seeds.
10. Wrap and enjoy!