This is my always on hand, go-to smoothie, my Cherry Cacao Smoothie. This is one of the most delicious and nutritious smoothies I make after the gym or for a quick breakfast when I'm on the go!
This is a great smoothie to make yourself in the morning for breakfast due to its energizing, filling, and gut-healing nutrients. You have an excellent source of fiber, protein, and healthy omega-3 fats from the ingredients in the smoothie. The cacao, cherries, and raspberries are rich in polyphenols that reduce inflammation and improve brain function & your overall mood. The chia seeds, rolled oats, banana, and date are great sources of soluble fiber that will promote digestion. The almond butter, soy milk, oats, and chia seeds make up for 24 grams of protein!
You can't go wrong by starting your day off with this smoothie. You'll have a great day ahead of you. Let's get to the recipe.
Prep time: 1 minute
Total time: 5 minutes
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan.
1. 1 cup of frozen dark cherries
2. 1 cup of frozen raspberries
3. 1 cup of soy or almond milk
4. 1 banana
5. 1 date
6. ½ rolled oats
7. 1 TBSP chia seeds
8. 1 TSP cacao
9. 1 TBSP almond butter or peanut butter
1. Add the ingredients into the blender. Mix ingredients in a blender and use a tamper if necessary.
2. Pour the smoothie into a serving glass of choice.