The warmest nourish bowl I could ever present to you. I made it once during the summer and then I made it 15 more times because it was just that good. So, if you love a warm tahini dressing and some grilled eggplant, this bowl is for YOU. Let me show you how to make it.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
This recipe is dairy free and gluten free.
1. ¼ cup of cooked quinoa
2. ¼ cup of canned and ready to eat chickpeas
3. 1 eggplant
4. 1 piece of chicken breast
5. Tuscan kale
6. 1 TBSP of fresh parsley
7. 3 TBSPs of tahini
8. Extra virgin olive oil
10. Black pepper, oregano, basil, garlic powder, garlic jalapeño, red pepper, onion powder, paprika, ground rosemary, and chili powder
1. For the chicken and eggplant I grilled them but you can also bake them in the oven on 375. Seasonings will be the same.
2. Season the chicken breast with salt, black pepper, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic jalapeño, a dash of red pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Season to your liking.
3. The eggplant should be cut into 6-8 elongated strips, and seasoned with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried basil to your liking. Place them on a baking pan if you're baking it or put them on the grill if you're grilling.
- Baking should take 20 minutes.
- Grilling may take 30 minutes.
4. Now, cook quinoa and add rosemary and salt to the pot. I cooked 1 cup of quinoa but the recipe calls for ¼ cup.
5. Next, grab a serving bowl and add 3-4 handfuls of tuscan kale and massage with olive oil, salt, and ½ squeezed lemon.
6. Once the quinoa is done add 1/4 cup to the bowl.
7. Next, grab a small frying pan, drizzle on 1 TBSP of olive oil, and add the ¼ cup of chickpeas. Season with ½ TSP of salt, 1/4 TSP of black pepper, 1/4 TSP of garlic jalapeño, 1/2 TSP of paprika, and 1/2 TSP of chili powder. Cook until crispy. Add to the bowl.
8. Once the chicken and eggplant are done, whether grilling or baking, slice them into smaller pieces and add them to the bowl.
9. Finely dice the parsley and sprinkle onto the bowl.
10. Now for the dressing: in a separate bowl, add 3 TBSPs of tahini and add a splash of water. Mix well. Then, add ½ TBSP of olive oil, small squeeze of a lemon, ½ TSP of salt, a 1/4 TSP of black pepper, ½ TSP of garlic powder, and a ½ TSP of oregano. Mix well. If it still looks thick add a bit more water until it’s a creamier consistency.