Why is it that there is no better food to bring to the beach besides either a turkey wrap or a chicken salad wrap? Earlier this year I shared my Pesto Mayo Chicken Salad Wrap with you all and you loved it. So today I'm sharing my Classic Chicken Salad Wrap, besides who doesn't love a classic.
You have your celery, walnuts, cranberries, parsley, and a special touch from my end which are capers. They add some saltiness to the mix. I used a regular store-bought mayo because I felt like it, but you can opt for an avocado oil based mayo like from Primal Kitchen. It's always up to you!
Recipes like these make me recommend having shredded chicken in the fridge at all times. Having cooked & ready shredded chicken allows you to whip up recipes like these in 10-12 minutes tops!
You can enjoy this recipe at home for lunch, bring it on the go to a picnic or beach trip, or prep for the following work/school day. If you're feeling nice, I suggest making extra to feed your friends & family when they come visit you on a nice hot summer day!
This recipe is dairy free. You can easily make this nut free by opting out of the walnuts.
1. 1-2 chicken breasts (lemon slices, bay leaves)
2. 2 celery stalks, finely diced
3. ¼ cup walnuts, finely chopped
4. ¼ cup cranberries, finely chopped
5. 15 stalks parsley, finely diced
6. 1 TBSP capers
7. ½ TBSP dijon mustard(or more if you enjoy spice)
8. 3-4 TBSPS mayo (any kind you enjoy - you can opt for an avocado oil based mayo like Primal Kitchen's)
9. Salt & black pepper
10. 1 tortilla wrap
11. 1 lettuce leaf, chopped into 3 sections
1. First, grab a large pot and fill it ¾ way with water. Add in some bay leaves and lemon slices. Add in 1 or 2 chicken breasts (depends how many wraps you're making). Allow the chicken to boil. Remove any grease that floats to the top. Have the heat on medium-high.
2. While you're waiting for the chicken to cook, prepare ingredients 2-6 & 11. Have them ready.
3. Once the chicken is fully cooked through (able to completely pierce a fork through the chicken) remove it from the pot gently.
4. Place the chicken into a bowl and either manually shred with your hands (wearing gloves) or use two forks OR use a Kitchen-aid to mechanically shred.
5. Let's put it all together: in a separate bowl add in 1 cup of the shredded chicken, ingredients 2-6, then pour in the dijon mustard and mayo. Add salt and black pepper to your liking. Mix well. You can add more mayo if you'd like.
6. Feel free to taste test for more dijon mustard, salt, or black pepper. Add if necessary. Mix again.
7. Grab a tortilla wrap and layer on the 3 lettuce sections. Top with the chicken salad. Gently roll up the tortilla wrap and slice in half.