Dairy Free Greek Omelette
Updated: Feb 22, 2021
I never put cheese in my omelettes because I genuinely don't enjoy them that way. But when it comes to a Greek styled omelette I always love to enjoy some feta with it. Since I am dairy free due to my extreme gut issues, I learned how to still enjoy the foods I love by making lots of substitutes and staying positive! One way I did that was by creating this delicious dairy free Greek Omelette. The flavor is *chefs kiss* so lets get to it.
Yields: 1 omelette
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, and vegetarian.
1. 2 eggs and ¼ cup of egg whites
2. 7 cherry tomatoes
3. Handful of spinach
4. 8 kalamata olives
5. 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
6. @traderjoes red pepper spread with eggplant & garlic
7. Salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, basil, oregano
8. Extra virgin olive oil
9. Parsley to garnish
Replacement suggestion: You can either use all egg whites or just 3 eggs.
1. First, chop up your spinach, red onion, tomatoes, and parsley into medium sized pieces. Set aside.
2. Next, in a small bowl, whisk your eggs and add in the following: salt, black pepper, oregano, basil, and a dash of red pepper flakes. Whisk well.
3. Now, grab a pan. In the pan add in 1/2 TBSP of olive oil on medium-high heat.
4. Sauté the red onion first. Once you can smell the onion add in the kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, & spinach.
5. Once they’re sautéed well, remove them from the pan onto a plate.
6. In that same pan, add 1/4 TBSP of olive oil again and the egg mix. Let the eggs simmer, once there is no liquid left, flip the omelette! Be careful.
7. Now, once it’s flipped, add the veggies to one side, flip over the other side like a blanket. 8. Turn off the heat and add to a plate.
9. Add the Trader Joe’s red pepper spread & garnish with parsley. Enjoy!