I know many of you have asked me for an egg-free breakfast since you're either allergic or just completely over eggs each morning. So, I came up with this zero-cooking-necessary breakfast, my Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bowl. It's one of the simplest breakfasts I've come up with and all you need is a knife and chopping board.
It's basically a lox bagel, but deconstructed into a delicious and aesthetically pleasing bowl. It's high in protein from the smoked salmon but also high in fiber from all of the veggies - tomato, arugula, avocado, radish, and cucumber. It's balanced but also quick to make in the morning. All you have to do is chop and eat. You'll need less than 10 minutes to make it and then you can be on your way.
What I did to enjoy this meal is build mini toasts with the sourdough. I added smoked salmon, radish, arugula avocado onto the bread to enjoy. You can also feel free to grab some cream cheese if that's what you like with your smoked salmon! No matter what, you're going to love this breakfast. Let's get to the recipe!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 8 minutes
This recipe is dairy free and pescatarian.
2. Handful of arugula
3. ¼ heirloom tomato, sliced into half moons
4. ½ avocado, thinly sliced
5. ½ radish, thinly sliced
6. ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
7. 2 pieces of sourdough bread
8. Fresh dill to garnish
9. Salt, freshly ground black pepper
10. Juice of ½ lemon
1.Toast the sourdough bread.
2. Grab a mixing bowl and add in the arugula. Massage with olive oil, salt, and lemon. Add to a serving bowl.
3. Add the smoked salmon, tomato, avocado, radish, cucumber, bread to the serving bowl.
4. Garnish with dill, salt, and ground black pepper.