Spicy Labneh Toast
It's leb-nay, not lab-nah. This brings the flavors of my childhood onto one slice of toast. This is my Simple Labneh Toast, and it's quite delicious and savory. You have labneh sitting on a bed of arugula to aid digestion, kalamata olives for more healthy fats, and zaatar & Aleppo pepper to add some spice.
Switch up your breakfast and add this Middle Eastern-inspired toast into your routine. It's simple and quick to make. Don't be intimidated by the labneh design, it's simpler than you think! Let's get to it.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
This recipe is vegetarian.
- 1 slice of sourdough bread
- 4 tbsps labneh of choice
- Handful of arugula
- 6 kalamata olives, sliced in halves
- Extra virgin olive oil to garnish
- Aleppo pepper
1. Toast the slice of bread.
2. Grab a ziploc bag and add labneh into it. Make sure it all collects into one corner so you can squeeze it out. Cut a small hole at that end.
3. Have the arugula and kalamata olives ready. Set aside.
4. Let's build the toast: add the toast to a plate, layer on the arugula, & gently pipe out the labneh onto the toast. You can do any design you like, I just did a cute swirl. Garnish with olive oil. Season with salt, zaatar, and Aleppo pepper to taste. Top with kalamata olive halves.
5. Slice in half and enjoy!