You think I'm going to come back from a month hiatus and not make you guys a breakfast recipe first? This is the Viral Feta Egg and I turned it into a breakfast wrap. This is such a fun way to add more protein into your breakfast AND a delicious way to enjoy your daily eggs. I added harissa, arugula, and avocado as my personal touches and seasoned the wrap with salt, black pepper, and a pinch of zaatar.
It's salty, it's spicy, and it's obviously nutritious. You have protein from the egg and feta, carbs from the tortilla, fiber from the avocado & arugula, and healthy fats from the avocado & feta of course. Perfect way to start the day.
It was also so quick to make since all you have to do is cook the eggs sunny-side up. Definitely a breakfast you can make in under 10 minutes. Also, don't be shy to make two or three of these, they are small tortillas.
Let's get to the recipe.
Prep time: 6 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
This recipe is vegetarian.
1. 1 small tortilla
2. 1 egg
3. Crumbled feta
4. ½ avocado
6. Mild harissa (I use the brand - MINA)
7. Extra virgin olive oil
8. Zaatar, black pepper
1. First, grab a small frying pan and place it onto the stovetop on medium-high heat. Pour in 1 TBSP of olive oil and add the crumbled feta in into the shape of a circle.
2. Once the feta starts to sizzle in the olive oil a bit, crack in one egg into the center of the feta circle. Salt and cover the pan. Cook the egg to your liking - I like mine a bit runny.
3. Once the egg is cooked, remove from the pan and toast one tortilla in that same pan. Toast on both sides for 2 minutes each.
4. Let's put it all together: place the tortilla onto the plate and top with arugula. Add the feta egg. Add harissa and chopped avocado to your liking (look at the picture above for inspo). Season with salt, black pepper, and zaatar to taste.